I've missed you people. I've missed you so much that I'm just writing a little catch-up hello in between my serious writing ventures today. As I write this, the wind is howling outside my window and Twitter is alive with prayers and fears for Boston. I have a family friend who was in the crowd. I had just seen her Instagram photo of the race before I heard of the bombing. I'm grateful for her safety and I'm praying for a blanket of peace to fall on that city.
I'm grateful for:
- My friends in Young Life here in San Francisco and how they share my love for that ministry and are so faithful to do the hard work.
- For Liz, who loves my kids and comes over to hang out with them for free on a Sunday night so I can go to a Young Life dinner.
- For my husband's gentle wisdom and the way he never stops learning or getting softer. Such a thing is all too rare.
- For how Brooksie loves to sleep and be alone. And for how ferociously he plays. There's no in between. It seems pretty healthy to me.
- For August's creativity and curiosity. The questions he's been asking me lately have been wild and uncomfortable. So, basically, amazing.
- For a mother in law who loves my boys and is willing to stay with them for two days in a city she doesn't know very well, without a car. There should be a hashtag for #HardCoreMILs. Very thankful.