- For a sweet birthday celebration. Look at that guy in his hat! For a backyard and dear friends and good food and all these kids running around who somehow belong to us. How did that happen?
- For how turning one automatically makes a baby into a little man. All the sudden Brooksie is such a grown up. Yesterday he insisted on walking all the way into August's school. No being carried for him. So, I held his hand and we walked like snails across the lawn and into the door and down the hall.
- For August's love for science and the ten minutes he spent with his dad looking a silkworm through a microscope yesterday evening.
- For the picture of a volcano my brother took for August while he was in Nicaragua and texted to me yesterday. (So thankful that my brothers love my kids as much as I love theirs.)
- For thunder storms and a late night dinner date with an old friend.
- For the goodness of a full day, the goodness of well-deserved exhaustion.
- For August's first ever soccer match on Sunday, which he spent running the opposite direction of the ball and "sliming" pretend dragons on the other side of field.
- For pulling weeds by the root in the garden while my kids play around me. For sunshine and gardening gloves (even though I know nothing about gardening). Weeding is so satisfying! (It's satisfying for the same reason I like to tweeze my eyebrows. Don't tell anyone I said that.)
- I had a moment last night when I realized how much more at peace I am with how God loves me than I was a year and a half ago. It's making all the difference in how I live and how free I feel from striving. I used to secretly believe that time wanted to hurt me. Now I am learning how to find joy and satisfaction in the daily.
- For wonderful news: The lab results are back and my mom is cancer free. All the cancer was contained and was removed in her surgery! So grateful!
- And for more exciting blog-type news which will be shared in its own post on Thursday. Lots of thankful going on around here...
Sorry about the spam links!
Some malware got into the site and added those silly clickbait links at the bottom of my posts. We're on a more secure setup now, and going through the blog removing the spam. But there are lots of posts, so it could take a while. Thanks for your patience!