- Two days before Chris left town last week, he had a late night of work. And, of course, that was the night Brooksie chose to bring out the drama by slurping a spaghetti noodle from the back of his mouth up into his nasal cavity. I’m not even making this up. There were lots of tears. He was really uncomfortable and I was trying to figure out how to get him to blow that noodle out, when he still doesn’t understand how to blow his nose. Thankfully my roomie from college is a pediatrician back in Texas. And she read my SOS via Facebook and came to rescue on the phone. I can’t tell you what a gift it was to have her opinion and to feel confident about my baby’s Noodle Situation while I was home alone trying to get my kids to bed. I’m thankful for her. And I’m thankful for the awesome experience of watching him sneeze that noodle out the next morning. I won’t show you the picture, though the grossest part of me really wants to.
- Chris left on Thursday morning for a four-day weekend with his best buddies from high school. I’m so happy for him and thankful that I’m married to a man who is better than anyone I know at being a friend. I’ve learned so much from him.
- For Liz, who came over Thursday night to hang out and be a second pair of arms while I put the kids to bed. Then she ate Chinese take out with me and watched Nashville. I’m grateful for friends who don’t mind the wild crazy of my children.
- I’m so thankful that my mom’s spring break (she’s a teacher) coincided with Chris’ trip, so I only had a day and a half alone until she arrived to share the load with me.
- For a day at the beach with my mom on Saturday and an incredible drive along California’s coast.
- I’m also thankful for my mom’s health. , I was spending her spring break with her in Amarillo as she recovered from having a cancerous tumor removed. I’m thankful she has stayed well, that she never required chemo or radiation. I’m thankful she’s with me this year.
- For sunshine and warm air in San Francisco. Every once in a while, you get a day where a gal like me could possibly (maybe if I had a sweater?) get away with wearing a sundress. They’re rare but they’re lovely.
- For August’s super awesome tiger hat.
- For Brooksie turning two this coming weekend. I can’t believe he’s such a little man.
- That I get to announce my Exciting Big News to you on Thursday. I'm so excited to share!
- Shopping with mom and Daylight Savings Time (which, I don’t care what the haters say, is the Very Best), buying blueberries by the side of the road, and dark chocolate in the afternoon.
What about you? What are you thankful for? Use my header on your own post, link up in the comments, spread the love.
Ready to study in latin america & the caribbean